This course explains the role of antenatal surveillance in prevention of perinatal death and handicap, taking into account maternal risk factors and characteristics of the fetal condition.
- The course is free of charge
- It is available in several languages
- The complete course lasts for two hours
- It does not need to be covered in a single session
- If you want to view the whole or parts of the course for your own interest please click here.
- The course is compulsory for all sonographers wishing to obtain the FMF Certificate of competence in Doppler ultrasound. If you want to attend the course please login here.
Further reading on Doppler ultrasound
The following material is based on a book by the FMF on Doppler in Obstetrics (K Nicolaides, G Rizzo, K Hecher). This was originally published in 2002, but many aspects are still relevant today.
- Doppler ultrasound: principles and practice
- Safety of diagnostic ultrasound in fetal scanning
- Doppler studies in fetal growth restriction
- Doppler studies in red blood cell isoimmunization
- Doppler studies in maternal diabetes mellitus
- Doppler studies in maternal autoimmune disease
- Doppler studies in preterm prelabor amniorrhexis
- Doppler studies in post-term pregnancies
List of registrants
To view the list of health care professionals who have completed the internet based course on antenatal surveillance please click here.